July 26, 2013

i chose the dream tea











i caught the bus back to walk my gaze. i discover a room with an island of petals & flames & i walked its maze. i knelt down to speak to the herbal goddess & she offered me a choice. i chose the dream tea and what do ya know, now i'm dreamy. lifting the city's hidden paintings, my eye is tired & heavy with scenes. landscape cradling the instrument, music echoing still. net caught torso, flesh fished. i cannot see by the light in your temple. crowd cracks the night & spills its cheer. have you ever met a well rested wind? cheap end, this. sleep in, my friend, sleep in. side by side we stand, studied, distinct, & apart. i took the next bus back when the light dangerously dimmed. i could just barely feel her thigh beside me, gift wrapped in floral dress, pressed like a rose between pages. and that was enough to get me home.



flyawakepdx.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment